To provide administrative support for the efficient operations of the New Birth of
Freedom Council for the field staff and our COO in our Mechanicsburg Service Center.
This position provides a variety of administrative services as a member of our support staff team. Support staff members are cross-trained to be able to perform several key functions, including processing transactions with customers that come to our service center (using a point-of-sale register system), administrative support for our field staff, and data entry for membership, fundraising, and background checks.
Additional roles include assisting with our online store and our product sales.
Provides general services such as answering phone calls and emails, filing, data
entry, processing payments, mailings, printing, and copying.
• Greets visitors and answers phones for the Mechanicsburg Service Center. Regularly interacts with internal or external customers to answer questions and supply information. Uses discretion when handling confidential information.
• Operates point-of-sale system for customer transactions in Mechanicsburg Service Center.
• Responds to direct email requests.
• Comfortable learning different online systems for data entry.
• Assists the Council’s Registrar in processing new member paperwork and annual membership renewals.
• Produces correspondence, reports, and other materials.
• Provides research on special projects and assignments.
• Ability to manage multiple projects at once and complete them on time.
• Communicates regularly with other staff and volunteers.
• Assists with periodic mailings.
• Files processed documents and records.
• Supports data collection and filing of Pennsylvania background checks.
• Serves as a backup to other administrative support.
• Self-motivated individual with solid time management and strong organizational skills
• Excellent people skills, enthusiastic, punctual, and responsible.
• Committed to personal and professional productivity, while maintaining high ethical and professional working standards
• Willingness and excitement about learning a variety of support systems.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Office Applications
• Ability to occasionally work varied hours during peak seasons
• Offers for employment are subject to criminal, reference, and motor vehicle background checks
The New Birth of Freedom Council, Boy Scouts of America is an equal opportunity employer. Starting salary for the position is $17.00 an hour with a 35-hour workweek. Scouting offers employee benefits to include major medical, prescription coverage, dental, vision, life insurance, long-term disability, accidental death, a 403B Matched Savings Plan, plus compensation for authorized and approved business-related expenses. We also offer a generous vacation policy and 11 paid holidays.
Your application was submitted successfully.