To provide administrative support to ensure efficient operations of the New Birth of Freedom Council Camping Department and its activities and facilities.
Provides a wide variety of administrative and staff support services to the Camping Department. Prepares presentations, budgeting, scheduling, and statistical reports as required. Administers programs, projects, and/or processes specific to the needs of the Camping Department. Serves as an administrative liaison to others within and outside the company regarding administrative issues related to purchasing, personnel, facilities, and operations. Provides specific services such as answering phone calls and emails, filing, data entry, and processing payments.
- Greets visitors, customers, and answers phones. Regularly interacts with internal or external customers, management, or executives to answer questions and supply information. Uses discretion when handling confidential information.
- Maintains calendars for all camping department functions.
- Processes registrations and reservations for summer and year-round camping programs/facilities.
- Creates, updates, and distributes forms, registrations, and brochures.
- Produces correspondence, presentations, reports, and other materials.
- Provides research on special projects and assignments.
- Distributes and collects employment documents for seasonal employees.
- Regularly communicates with staff and volunteers in support of the Camping Department functions.
- Responsible for mailings from the Camping Department.
- Serves as a backup to other administrative support, including operating the point of sale system.
- Administrative support for camping social media, camping e-newsletter, and Camping websites
- Administrative support for camping publications, brochures, and leader’s guides
- All Camp Reservations, including Summer Camp & Year-Round Rentals
- Council Camping Reports
- Customer Service – Answering telephone calls and promptly returning calls and email messages related to a camping operation
- Maintain real-time Camp Reservations Charts
- Registration records and refund documents for all council camping events, summer camp, and year-round reservations
- Tentaroo Event Set-Up, Support, and Reconciliation
- Summer camp staff employment files and records
- Knowledge or willingness to learn WordPress
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Office Applications
- Ability to occasionally travel to camping facilities
- Strong scheduling and reservation management skills
- Ability to occasionally work varied hours during peak seasons
- Offers for employment are subject to criminal, reference, and motor vehicle background checks
- Self-motivated individual with solid time management and strong organizational skills
- Excellent people skills, enthusiastic, punctual, responsible, and creative
- Committed to personal and professional productivity while maintaining high ethical and professional working standards
The New Birth of Freedom Council, Boy Scouts of America is an equal opportunity employer. Starting salary for the position is $17.00 an hour with a 35-hour workweek. Scouting offers employee benefits to include major medical, prescription coverage, dental, vision, life insurance, long-term disability, accidental death, a 403B Matched Savings Plan, plus compensation for authorized and approved business-related expenses. We also offer a generous vacation policy and 11 paid holidays.